Monday, September 2, 2013

Un Chien Andalou

                         This film is a kind of silent surrealist film by Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali. They are the first who bring the surrealist style in the film. This film was released in 1929. Honestly, at first I got confused. I don’t have any idea what is this all about.  But, as I continue watching the film I observed that is a black film. Un chien andalou had a great impact for me because, this is different compared to the other film I’ve seen. In the beginning it shows a woman's eye being sliced like a tomato by a razor and that made me uncomfortable. The plot seems dispersed and I am not that sure what the meanings behind all of the scenarios in this movie are but the movie takes a very strange and interesting. Also, it made me think and think.  This film was so amazing and this is no ordinary film because this movie changed the way films were viewed and made. Lastly, Un chien Andalou is a very creative movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment